Sunday 4 March 2012

Busy bees





This has been a wonderful week! We all have been busy like bees trying different online tools. To be honest, we were offered such a variety of tools that sometimes I got lost. But then I started  from the very beginning and went step by step. I am amused at the ease with which so many interesting and useful activities can be done. I think I shall go on investigating them as I only managed to look at some of them. For instance, I downloaded and installed the Hot Potatoes, but I had no time to try it, as it requires time and attention  on my part.


But the most significant event of this week was the project draft. It took me two days to jot it down and I posted since I did not want to disappoint my team partners. They were so quick in their work.
To my mind,I learnt  a lot  reading their drafts. We all followed the same scheme, however, each of us managed to present information in a different, special way. I looked with a fresh eye at my project after reading Vijay's and Salam's drafts. This is a very good experience and I think I will use it in my classes.


ANVILL is a mysterious tool, which I haven't manage to explore yet. I've got a general impression about it, however, I didn't figure out how it works yet. I registered on ANVILL and will explore it when I a have a spare 'minute'.
 I definitely liked the webinar that we had! I don't know what I liked best: the presentation itself or the atmosphere that was dominating in the class (merry chatroom, people joining and leaving the 'room', even the faults with the tech :) wasn't it funny to hear the echo and all people writing echo, echooo?). 
Well, frankly speaking, I think in the nearest future all students and teachers will be able to use this kind of technology, as it provides a variety of opportunities to teach, and learn, and practice, and have fun. After all, fun is an important factor in the process of learning!


Well, I have to admit that it has become a habit of mine to come to the computer and check the posts on Nicenet, my email, Jupiter Grades and wiki. And more and more often the idea that our course is drawing to its end comes to my mind. And I realize that I will miss this course a lot. Despite the hard times, busy schedule and lots of failures, I feel sad at the very thought that I'll have no hometask. 


P.S.
 A special THANK YOU  for Vijay and Salam, my team partners. Your comments were very valuable.









7 comments:

  1. Hi Ludmila!
    I was also not frustrated or disappointed at all by the technology fail during the webinar. I got so many positive emotions! I was smiling all the way!!! Overexcited, I could not fall asleep at once...
    If I have a chance (or rather when I learn how to do it), I will try such an activity with my students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ludmila,

    I like your adjective for ANVILL: mysterious! It is sure is even after spending all those hours trying to read about it and exploring it. It is a whole course by itself before you are able to 'master' it.

    From your post, I just realized that I also acquired the same habit and routine of checking all the course related site zillion of times every day. As this course wraps up I guess I will suffer from a "withdrawal effects" until I replace these addictive habits with others. I am thinking of checking on my class mates blogs for updates and interaction, keeping in touch wish such a wonderful helpful and creative group of teachers/learners. Your's will be the fist to check out!

    Good luck with your Final Project.

    Hassan, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hassan, I agree with your WONDERFUL idea to keep in touch.

      Delete
    2. I suggested earlier through this course having a Facebook Group for our class, but no one replied.

      I tried to create to invite everyone to join in, but I couldn't unless I have at least ONE person on my friend's list.

      So, one additional way to keep in touch is to connect through Facebook if you have an account there. You can find me under my full name: Hassan Meneimneh

      Delete
    3. Hassan,
      I recently deleted my account in facebook. But for the sake of having our group there I'll join it again :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ludmila,

    I can also repeat what you have said here: everything on the course has been challenging and it has been rewarding.

    Have a nice day,

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Luidmila,

    Today I have been saving the links from our wiki and checking what I missed before. I checked your poster about the use of computer to help people with disabilities. A good topic, and the links you provided there are valuable.

    I am writing it here, not on the discussion, because there it might go unnoticed.

    Have a nice weekend,


    Val, Belarus

    ReplyDelete