Sunday 11 March 2012

It's about making ideas happen

Time is flying fast and here we are at the end of week 9.
We have already submitted our final projects. It seems we have completed the most important task. But other new ideas crowd in my mind and make me build new plans. Looking back I realize it was not a very good idea to chose a completely new group for the project. Now, at times, I face their complete indifference, especially when it comes to brushing up their work. The students are thrilled when they have a new proposal, but as they work at it they get tired of it. I think it is a problem that has to be faced by the teacher. I have to find some way to motivate them finish their work.
This week has been very rich in events. We were initiated into the topic of learning styles. It was not new to me, still I learnt many useful things and came across many good sites, which suggest activities for each learning style.
Coming back to the project, I decided to create a blog for another group of students, whom I've been teaching for 3 years. I will invite them to share their ideas and everything they would like to on the blog. To motivate them, I created and posted a short animoto video with their pictures. I think they'll enjoy seeing their photos in a video post. You can have a look at it http://discussionclub3.blogspot.com 


Apart from the above mentioned, I can say that it was rather hard for me to pull myself together and work this week, as I managed to catch a cold and had a high temperature since Wednesday. I hope I'll be better tomorrow to come to my classes and be able to participate in all the discussions. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ludmila,

    I am glad to have you as a friend this course. I agree with you that this course is a treasure and we gain a lot!! Shall we keep communicating after the course, we can use our emails or the blogs to discuss ideas and teaching techniques.
    Wish you all the best!

    Thank you!

    Salam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Salam,
    It's a great idea to keep in touch after the course. We shall certainly use our emails and blogs, but I think you can also join the group Hassan created on Facebook.
    Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ludmila for promoting the Facebook Group.

    I see you are doing well with motivating your students for learning. It is imperative to keep them involved and reminding them of the benefits for them. Injecting the "F" elixir for Fun is definitively a motivating agent.

    So I guess, you are the one who transmitted this nasty flu to me. Ah, the draw back of technology!

    Hope you are feeling much better and ready to close a wonderful week.

    All the best,

    Hassan, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete