Tuesday 10 January 2012

Week 1. My first steps

Hi, people!


I'm really delighted to take part in a distance learning course. It has some advantages over the face to face courses. I shall make myself clear. In face to face courses the instructor points to the learners and shows each step, closely watching what  the learners are doing and how. Such instructions are good, but my memory has a "wonderful" feature to forget half of the given instructions. While, as I've already seen, in distance courses, the learners are very independent and have the opportunity to explore the net on their own, following the given instructions.
It took me some time to create this blog, as all the instructions on the bog spot were in Russian and I had to find the settings and change the language several times. it's a bit puzzling and I'm anxious that I won't be able to cope with the tasks. Still I hope to have enough time and persistence to fulfil all the tasks.
Besides, when I told my family about the course, my eleven-year-old son was really happy, as I would be having some home tasks, too.
It seems to me I managed to create my first post!




 I feel like this puzzled grandpa now. Hope to get rid of this unpleasant feeling soon.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ludmila,

    Congratulations!!! You've done it!
    And I am the first follower of yours.

    You write that it was difficult for you to follow the instructions because they were in Russian. Does it mean that people in Moldova do not use Russian any longer?

    I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, you created an excellent blog. Great job! I love your cartoon. Exactly how I feel.

    Sherie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great cartoon! I can also relate! I like what you said about directions. It's so easy to think we understand when we're listening, but here we have to DO everything!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation on your Blog, Ludmila!

    I do agree with you that online courses have their advantages; I guess we are about to find out more of so!

    I look forward to reading more of your posts in the next 10 weeks.

    Best of luck with the course.

    Hassan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bună seara! Așteptăm postări cît mai curînd. Începutul nu e rău, dar vrem mai mult :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ludmila,

    I am happy to visit your nice blog and glad to read your nice words. I agree with the idea that learning via Internet is rather overwhelming. On the other had it is great. You know what is great about it is the challenge you face when you want to solve a hard situation you faced in learning. It teaches you how to find a solution in a short period of time. It creates something great on you and it gives you the freedom to make a decision. Thank you for your time.

    Salam

    ReplyDelete