Saturday 14 January 2012

End of week I



During the first week of the course I've done a lot of thinking. It's not that I had much work, just I was placed in an unusual situation. It was not the situation when you know everything and feel rather good, like at classes, for instance. I was asked to do things that I learnt before, but was somehow unwilling to implement, because  ... I don't know, maybe because I was simply lazy. Being asked why I don't make my own blog, I always said I have nothing to say. I think that sharing my personal feelings and thoughts is somewhat indiscreet. 


When a child, I tried to keep a diary, so I carefully put down everything that was important for me, several days later I read the first entry and .... it seemed so stupid to me. As a result, I gave it up. 




Now, this course gives me the opportunity to start again, to write about things, which are interesting  at least to10-12 people. I'm really thankful for the chance to try new and unusual things. This adventure reminds me of the novel "Daddy long Legs" by Jean Webster. Juddy, the main character, was to write a weekly letter to her guardian about her success at college. As a result, she became a writer. I think, all of us will get our reward by the end of the course. 
By the way, I know that some of my students are following this blog and I have to make the grade.  I'll do my best. I'm looking forward to new tasks.


It's like keeping a diary, isn't it?



12 comments:

  1. Ludmila, If all of us wrote a kind of a manual, or a textbook as the result of taking this course, it would be really great. I wish the parallel between us and the main character of Jean Webster were true!!!
    Yuliya, Kazakhstan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ludmila,
    Congratulations on your new blog and the first step towards (maybe) publishing your own book. There is nothing better than finding the need and garnish it with strong passion to get of our lazy couch and doing it! A bit of peer support would definitely help too.

    So, best of luck to you with this experience.

    Hassan, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Hassan, I think, we all need support in this course :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Ludmila,

    I’ve experienced similar feelings. Sometimes it is too difficult to begin, especially when it is upon you whether to do any creative work or not to. However, in this course we all feel responsibility like a student who should do his home task before the deadline. So this helps to go ahead. Of course, as you mentioned revealing our personal thoughts, our inner nature is not always desirable and correct. But we are here to express our attitude to new technologies and their use for a class, learn modern ways of teaching. Moreover, I think we improve our speaking, writing and reading skills in such way cause many of us have the opportunity to communicate in English mainly in their school or university environment. I hope international interaction will enhance your knowledge and skills.

    Good luck,
    Zarifa, Uzbekistan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ludmila,

    I’ve experienced similar feelings. Sometimes it is too difficult to begin, especially when it is upon you whether to do any creative work or not to. However, in this course we all feel responsibility like a student who should do his home task before the deadline. So this helps to go ahead. Of course, as you mentioned revealing our personal thoughts, our inner nature is not always desirable and correct. But we are here to express our attitude to new technologies and their use for a class, learn modern ways of teaching. Moreover, I think we improve our speaking, writing and reading skills in such way cause many of us have the opportunity to communicate in English mainly in their school or university environment. I hope international interaction will enhance your knowledge and skills.

    Good luck,

    Zarifa, Uzbekistan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zarifa, I think you're right about the responsibility. Every day when coming from classes I think about the hometask I have to do and time constraints that are pressing. But, for sure, we do have to do what we've started.

      Delete
  5. I like your idea of this being a place to try new and unusual things. I love the pictures you've inserted, too!
    Jodi, Oregon (I need to remember to put my location!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ludmila,
    It's promising that we could have another Juddy in our class! Maybe as you mentioned, your students are going to be the incentive behind displaying the utmost of your potentials.Best of luck and happy blogging!
    Regards,
    Nihmat, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ludmila,
    I agree with you that sometimes we can be a bit lazy. In order to go further ahead in life/studies we need pressure as it can make us perform better in our tasks.

    Hope to read more of your postings soon.
    Warm regards,
    Nur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nur Izz,
      I think Jodi's reminders about the tasks and deadlines are the best pushers.

      Delete